COVID-19 Update [ Follow-Up ]
Greetings to our Dear Dental Family,
We hope that this finds you all in good health. As you may have heard, Governor Abbott has allowed us to return to work treating patients with urgent and emergent dental needs and extended treatment following May 18th. In order to keep you all up to date, we would like to share with you the measures that we are taking to maintain a safe and healthy environment for our team and our patients.
- Each patient will be asked a series of questions prior to appointing
- A virtual waiting room will be maintained. Patients may be asked to remain in their vehicle upon arrival until our team is ready for you
- Temperatures will be taken upon entering the office on both team members (daily) and patients (prior to appointment time)
- We will have a COVID screening form for all patients to fill out prior to being seen
- We would prefer only patients be in the treatment area. The exceptions to this rule will be children and adults with assistance requirements. In these instances, only one adult will be allowed back with the patient
- We will monitor and control patient flow which will include only one patient checking in or out at the same time
- Hygiene (dental cleanings) will not be performed for the first few weeks. This will allow us time to make necessary adjustments and treat all urgent dental needs
- We will maintain the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) that is consistent with the guidelines of the CDC and ADA
- Finally, we have added medical grade air purifiers. We have always and will continue to maintain the highest standards of disinfection and sterilization as mandated by OSHA, the CDC, and the ADA
We have been creating a list of patients with urgent dental needs during the crisis. If you have not contacted us yet and feel that you have a dental necessity, please call our office to schedule an appointment.
Please be patient with us. This is not only a learning process, but a dynamic process that will be subject to amendment. The governing bodies can alter our course at any time, and we will keep you informed of any changes. We promise that we will get you in as soon as safely possible.
Stay safe and God bless,
Dr. Kiamesha McClellan and Team DiVine